Saturday 12 September 2015

For You

We, my brother and I, are having a memorial service for my late parents. Depending on how this goes, I'll publish this post on the day.

My uncle recently gave me a card written by my mum. She had intended to give it to me on my birthday, but unfortunately passed away before she had the chance to give it to me. My aunt and uncle have been holding it for all these years. I want to share it -

    To my beautiful daughter, I love you.
     You are a shining example of what a daughter can be. Loving and
     compassionate. beautiful and good, honest and principled, determined
     and independent, sensitive and intelligent.

     You are an example of what every parent wants their daughters
     to be and I am very proud of you.

     I want you to always know that in good and bad times, I will
     love you and that no matter what you do, or how you think
     or what you say, you can depend on my support, guidance, 
     friendship and love every minute of every day.

     I love being your mother.

Thank you mum, and thank you dad. xxxxx

I don't know if you can read this where you are, but I just wanted you to know that  it's people like you who make all the difference in the world, and I can cope with getting my heart broken a million times more, but the thought of you both makes me bounce back.

There are places within our hearts that can only be filled with memories and there are places in our souls that can only be healed by the gentle hands of time.

In my life, I have been befriended by some amazing people, most of whom I've never actually met, but who have changed my life forever.

I don't know if they know just how much they have helped me on days  when I have felt discouraged, uncertain or simply sad.  It could have been their smiles, their words or their real kindness that have helped pull me through.

How much I appreciate them, I am not sure they will ever know or understand.

To you, my friends, who are reading this, dreams really can come true, but they are most often the result of hard work, determination and persistence.  When the road becomes difficult and it feels like you will never reach the end, look deep within your heart and you will find strength - I did.  Just believe in yourself.

Remember, you don't have to be perfect to belong. You don't have to have all the answers or know the right thing to say. You can climb the highest mountain if you want to or just quietly imagine that you might one day. You can take chances or use safety nets, make miracles or make mistakes. You don't have to be 'proper' at all times to be strong. You don't have to be bold or brave or even know exactly what you want to be.  You just have to be yourselves. And if anyone out there doesn't like that, or you, it doesn't matter. It's their loss. And there are many that will love you.

Thank you all, and you know who you are, for constantly bringing smiles into my life. I love you all. You're amazing.








No comments:

Post a Comment